Old March 5th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default R/S RG6 Coax Quality ?

Bob Miller wrote:
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:54:41 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello,

Is R/S RG6 of "decent" quality for a receive only application (to a scanner)
?

Or, should it be avoided like the plague, and go to one of the on-line radio
supplier sources ?

Thanks,
B.

I stopped buying any type of coax from Radio Shack in 1979 when I saw
how loosely woven their braid was. I have no idea about their current
products. You might check the price on RG6 at The Wireman's web site.
I especially like his RG8X -- thin coax with heavy braid and center
conductor. They'll put on the proper connectors if you don't want to
do it yourself.

Bob
k5qwg

I use a lot of 9258 at work.