Old March 7th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
J.[_2_] J.[_2_] is offline

Default Clipperton Island

Last minute preparations underway. I'd look for them to hit the airwaves
between 2100z and 0000z.

J.

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

"J." wrote:

Hi all!

Ham operators will soon be landing on Clipperton Island and will be
activating this much sought after entity. The plan is to operate on
all of
the ham bands, frequencies listed below, for about 10 days, March 7 to
17.
If any of you heard the recent Ducie Island operation, this should be
just
as easy, if not easier.

http://www.clipperton2008.org/

They'll be operating as TX5C.

Bandplan: http://www.clipperton2008.org/dxpedition/bandplan.htm

"As dawn broke over Clipperton Atoll, our team is already beginning to put
the
final touches on our camps. It is a bit hotter this morning than
yesterday but
the breeze seems to be building. Our main challenge continues to be the
heat and
humidity as with most south pacific dxpeditions. We are committed to
having our
CW and SSB stations operational sometime today and will be on the air most
likely
starting this evening."

dxAce
Michigan
USA

And as always, don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company,
in
particular a fellow named Joseph Klein.