Old March 8th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
barnegatdx barnegatdx is offline

Default Shortwave Great in Manhattan

On Mar 7, 10:04 pm, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. Great!

You can probably get the best accessible reception either out on the
piers near the 72nd street boat basin;
or the Trump Pier slightly south of that;

- nice little cafe up at 72nd st. Boat basin, BTW; open if the
temperatures above 60.

or out in the parks..

Central park is probably OK to go into at night ( IN A GROUP ! ! ! )
onto The Great Lawn
near the Metropolitan Museum ,
but you can pick up some faint signals in the early A.M.even just
walking down the east / west streets with a portable,
listening on headphones or ear buds

For a city, reception just ain't all that bad in NYC