Old March 9th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Shortwave Great in Manhattan

In article ,
dave wrote:

tom k in L.A. wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. Great!

New York City is within range of European stations; not to mention
Caribbean relays and Sackville. In Los Angeles, we have our best
shortwave listening in the early morning (local) when Asia comes in from
the West. What those pinheads at WRTH call shortwave primetime is very
disappointing out west.

East coast and central USA are directly targeted by Europe and those
signals are much weaker in the Western USA. West coast does better with
Australia and New Zealand and other Pacific rim countries. I also do
well here with central, south American, and Caribbean stations.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California