Old March 9th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Good outdoor omni-directional fm antenna ?

Radioguy wrote:
On Mar 6, 8:12 pm, "James" no wrote:
Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?

I prefer to use RG6 as the lead in, and I definitely need an
omni-directional antenna.

Radio Shack used to make a dual element, folded dipole outside fm antenna,
but I don't find it on their website.

Thanks for any tips !!

James

Wouldn't the best omni-directional antenna simply be a whip? All the
others I can think of are going to be steerable.

A whip or a open ring, depending on polarization. Or maybe an Andrew V.