Old March 9th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.radio.shortwave
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Good outdoor omni-directional fm antenna ?

"dave" wrote in message

Radioguy wrote:
On Mar 6, 8:12 pm, "James" no wrote:
Who makes a good outdoor, omni-directional fm antenna ?

I prefer to use RG6 as the lead in, and I definitely
need an omni-directional antenna.

Radio Shack used to make a dual element, folded dipole
outside fm antenna, but I don't find it on their
website. Thanks for any tips !!

James

Wouldn't the best omni-directional antenna simply be a
whip? All the others I can think of are going to be
steerable.

A whip or a open ring, depending on polarization. Or
maybe an Andrew V.

Problem with whips is that they have vertical polarization. FM is always
transmitted with a strong horizontal component, the vertical component is
optional.