Old March 10th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Antenna Switch and MW Coverage

In message
,
writes
I'm looking for an antenna switch (2 antennas, 1 receiver) and I've
noticed that many are rated for 1.8-30 MHz, such as the MFJ models.
Are these typically attenuating the MW band, or can they be used
efficiently down to 500khz?

-Brian

If it's just for receiving, most cable TV A/B switches are more than
adequate. The normal frequency range is DC to at least 870MHz (and will
work well above), and they are inexpensive (a few dollars/pounds).

What you're looking at is probably the spec for a unit which is suitable
for transmitting, and 1.8MHz is the lowest frequency in common use by
radio amateurs. This switch probably also works down to DC, but no one
at MFJ has actually bother to measure it!
--
Ian