Old March 11th 08, 10:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : Shortwave Great in Manhattan

On Mar 10, 6:32*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 8, 9:26*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

*dave wrote:
tom k in L.A. wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! *Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. *Great!

New York City is within range of European stations; *not to mention
Caribbean relays and Sackville. *In Los Angeles, we have our best
shortwave listening in the early morning (local) when Asia comes in from
the West. *What those pinheads at WRTH call shortwave primetime is very
disappointing out west.

- East coast and central USA are directly targeted
- by Europe and those signals are much weaker in
- the Western USA.

Telamon - That is True. ~ RHF

- SNIP
-
- I don't need you to confirm what I post. Get lost.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Telamon,

Everytime I "Get-Lost" : You Go Out of Your Way to Find-Me
and Bring Me Back into to this Game of Newsgroup Ping-Pong.

~ RHF