Old March 13th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chris Suslowicz Chris Suslowicz is offline

Default Reception Set R109

In article ,
"Theo" wrote:

Looking for a 6V 4-pin vibrator and vibrator transformer for the Reception
Set R109.
Would appreciate any help or assistance to locate these items.

Do you have the existing vibrator transformer?
It should be possible to rewind it if it's just an open circuit winding.

The vibrator is the same as used in the Wavemeter Class 'D'
Vibrator No.2 (ZA.27013 or Z730003), and the commercial
equivalents are Oak Type 6 or Mallory 650.

The vibrator transformer output is rated 160V at 10mA.

(This is all according to Wireless for the Warrior Volume 3.)

It occurs to me that the same transformer /might/ be used in other
equipment (I'm thinking Supply Unit Rectifier No.7 he 12V to 80-0-80
and a few other things, used to run teleprinters and carrier telephony
repeaters/ringers). I shall have to investigate this....

The Class 'D' Wavemeter transformer is probably much too small, but I'll
check that as well. (The only problem is that a lot of those units were
badly "hammed" and converted to AC mains operation by ripping out the
vibrator and its associated transformer, si finding a suitable donor
would be (a) difficult, and (b) a waste of a good Class 'D'.)

Chris.

--
"Java leads to shockwave.
Shockwave leads to realaudio.