Old December 6th 04, 02:31 PM
Carl

Frank Krozel wrote:
Guys,,
One of my Boy Scouts radio's died.
It is an FT-10 Yaesu handheld. (Similar to the FT-50)..
It appears that the radio just won't turn on.
Is there an internal fuse inside??
Perhaps one of you guys who repairs this can give me a clue where to

look.

--
Best Regards, FrankKG9H

Frank Krozel, Technical Representative,
Electronic Instrument Associates Central, Inc.
Website: http://www.electronicinstrument.com
Voice: 630-924-1600 Fax: 630-924-1668
Cellular: 630-890-5421 24/7
Interested in EMC? See the 2005 information at

http://www.emc2005.org

The Yaesu FT-50 seems to have a history of a bad power button. I know
of three users who had to have it replaced by Yaesu. It wasn't cheap.
One managed to keep the contacts working by using a carbon powder for a
few months, but eventually had to bite the bullet. Other hams may have
a more satisfactory answer, but I _think_ this might be the symptom you
are dealing with.

Carl