Old March 17th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years

wrote:
On 17 mar, 01:46, m II wrote:
wrote:
Some of you may want to research the poster known as Eduardo. He posts
in many different newsgroups and turns out to have some rather
offensive "proclivities."
http://tinyurl.com/3e33ss
From that very page:

Once again, you are the imposter. The person who wrote the reply
you're answering is the real David. All one has to do is look at
what's being said. Or, a look at the Google Groups profile search
engine will show the differences. For one, the real David Eduardo
does not diss Mexicans.

The real David Eduardohttp://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=dIkR2xYAAAA_AGMDwDS4...

The fake David Eduardohttp://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=2EHjmRUAAABkviSX6VOu...

It would appear someone is trying to do a character assassination on
David Eduardo. Nothing quite like bearing false witness against your
neighbour.

I wonder who that someone could be....

I noticed this too, but notice that the weird allegations re identity
emerged only after people started getting pretty ****ed off about the
NAMBLA inquiry. This is a very basic strategy: Make the inquiry and
perhaps get the information you need. If people get too upset, simply
deny that it was actually you who made the inquiry; and set up a
couple of different google profiles to "substantiate" this. Should
take all of about ten minutes.

By the way, I couldn't get the links to profiles that you posted to
work for me, but I think I found the profiles you had in mind by going
back to the original thread.

A similar character assassination strategy emerged in RRS last year.
It seems the fake David emerges wherever and whenever conflict is high.