Old March 17th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Incoming radio wave polarisation

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:17:01 -0700, Jim Lux
wrote:

run through a variable combiner

Hi Jim,

As Richard pointed out, a goniometer (what, a 100 years old already?)
works fine for this. I bought one at a Ham swap when I was a
teenager. I also pointed this goniometer/antenna application out to
Arthur to demonstrate what he thought was novel was quite old (in
reference to the work of Tosi and Bellini). Arthur does not
acknowledge prior inventors, so this topic consistently re-emerges
with a fair periodicity. It should reappear around July again.

For those who want to see a schematic of the goniometer and antenna
application, here is a perfectly good example:
http://www.elektronikschule.de/~krau...ng%20-%205.htm

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC