Old November 16th 04, 10:45 AM
gil

(gil) wrote in message . com...
My QTH has been getting blasted lately non stop by a nasty S9 static
like noise, cant seem to find the source since Im surrounded by many
homes it makes it difficult.

Im ready to try a cancelling unit, either MFJ or Timewave, anyone has
any opinions on these units? Are they all hype or do they really help?
Would love to hear comments.

Thanks...Gil

Dont think its BPL since the noise seems to stop in the early morning
hours, but its constant from morning till past midnight. We have no
overhead power lines in my area.

My antenna setup is a simple random wire going to the back of the home
into a tree. I tried locating the noise with a portable radio and its
in a too wide of an area to pin point the source.