Old March 19th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SW4ever SW4ever is offline

Default best portable or non-portable SW radio?

Have been using an Eton E 10 here in Southern Ont. Canada since this
model was introduced. What it doesn't have is Sychronous detection and
SSB (sideband). However it is very sensitive, has a good narrow
filter, super audio (a problem with a lot of other portables.) The
memoy system is, in my opinion, the best in a low priced (100-150$)
model.
There are 500 memorie plus, and I configured mine into 25 groups of 20
presets each, and used Page 1 for bdcsts starting at 0100 UTC, page 2
for 0200 UTC...to Page 24 serving as 0000Z (same as). Click of a
couple of buttons gets you up to 20 preset stations every hour of the
day !!
Also, there are lots of other lower priced portables, and if you are
just starting in SW one of these might be satisfactory, but you won't
be disappointed with the E10.

Apostle Keith Brown wrote:
If you have experience with
short waves, and would recogmend