Old March 19th 08, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jim[_7_] Jim[_7_] is offline

Default Schematic Drawing Software - Something simple with no steep learning curve

That is a beautiful schematic diagram. Jim

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:21:55 -0600, msg wrote:

Jim wrote:

Can anyone recommend a simple schematic drawing CAD program, not one
of the "do everything" programs that draws living rooms and
skyscrapers, looking for a schematic-only program that does not have
too steep a learning curve, and doesn't cost too much or is freeware
or shareware that won't cost an arm or a leg.

What programs do you use and what are your likes/dislikes/wish list?

I'm trying to settle on something that I will probably only use
occasionally to draw schematics of homebrew projects to file away or
possibly submit for publication. Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Jim, WA5DXP

I use 'xcircuit' (URL (may have changed): http://bach.ece.jhu.edu/~tim/programs/xcircuit/)

It needs X11 but you can install 'cygwin' on XP Pro and X11 and it
should run fine.

To see an example drawing please see my linear page:
http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/837_linear

Michael