Old March 20th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default coax question

"Barrett" wrote in message
. uk...
I found some coax in the garage called RG58C/U E50032 AWM style 1354. It

is
silver coloured and not copper. Any one know if this coax is of good

quality
not?

I want to use some for the Cobwebb antenna and I want to make some coaxial
traps for my wire antenna with it.

Thanks

According to the Belden catalog
(http://www.belden.com/pdfs/03Belden_...Cables/06Coaxi
al_Cables.pdf page 77, Trade No 8262), it's a better grade of RG58/U:

20 AWG stranded (19x33) tinned-copper center conductor, solid polyethylene
dielectric, tinned-copper 95% braided shield, non-contaminating PVC jacket.
The last part is likely the most important factor for outdoor use. I
believe E50032 is a manufacturer's part number (apparently, not Belden).

73,
Bryan WA7PRC