Old March 20th 08, 09:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Barrett Barrett is offline

Default coax question

Bryan, I don't fully understand what do you mean buy the last part is the
most important thing and why?

The link for Belden doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks

"Bryan" wrote in message

"Barrett" wrote in message
. uk...
I found some coax in the garage called RG58C/U E50032 AWM style 1354. It

is
silver coloured and not copper. Any one know if this coax is of good

quality
not?

I want to use some for the Cobwebb antenna and I want to make some
coaxial
traps for my wire antenna with it.

Thanks

According to the Belden catalog
(http://www.belden.com/pdfs/03Belden_...Cables/06Coaxi
al_Cables.pdf page 77, Trade No 8262), it's a better grade of RG58/U:

20 AWG stranded (19x33) tinned-copper center conductor, solid polyethylene
dielectric, tinned-copper 95% braided shield, non-contaminating PVC
jacket.
The last part is likely the most important factor for outdoor use. I
believe E50032 is a manufacturer's part number (apparently, not Belden).

73,
Bryan WA7PRC