Old March 20th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Barrett Barrett is offline

Default Cobwebb feeder question

I have some questions about the choke and feed line on the Cobwebb.

Does the co-axial choke balun work better if the cable is wound on top of
each other into a tube shape rather than just winding it round and zip tying
it together in a round bundle?

Can I attach a SO239 Chassis socket to the end of the box where the coax
enters and then plug a PL259 into that for the feeder or will the socket
allow current to bypass the choke balun and enter the feed line?

Thanks