Old March 20th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default The BBC World Serice Shortwave Radio Broadcast to the CaribbeanRegion to Close on 23 March 2008

SW4ever wrote:
Here we go again !! BBC copping out on a long history of SWservice.
Well I don't know about you, but I gave up on them the last time they
cut SW services. I don't, nor will I listen to any of their SW Web
Satelliete or otherwise broadcasts. If they cant provide SW service
to millions of their loyal fellow English-speaking people in North
America (and Carribean) then I'm no longer interested. They are being
arrogant and inconsiderate, full of stupid excuses and all round a
total mess. Bye Bye BBC, you can chop the whole service as far as I am
concerned.

You are the one who's being arrogant and inconsiderate. There aren't a
million shortwave listeners left in the hemisphere, let alone in North
America. Why spend all that money to transmit to a few hobbyists?