Old March 20th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SW4ever SW4ever is offline

Default The BBC World Serice Shortwave Radio Broadcast to the CaribbeanRegion to Close on 23 March 2008

Arrogance is the defense of lack of thought, consideration of others,
etc..etc... But the BBC says it's interested in reaching more
audience...What, teenagers and yuppies running around listening to the
latest electronic gimcrack?Hardly...get real. International
cooperation can't survive without some form of direct communication,
and won't with the kind of top-down control that's gradually choking
off your and my right to have access to direct, targetted news. etc.
from any country, unfiltered, and in the raw. You and I may not agree
with what is transmitted, but that's the point.. The right to be
heard. But never mind, dream on, until all SW disappears and then pay
the piper (and ancillary dollar charges for cable, staellite, etc, the
better to empty your wallet). BBC staff (working stiffs) probably
agree with me but are powerless to resist the blithering idiots at
the top. But again never mind, go ahead and wreck another venerable
institution. It's Turkey time..... again.......... (End of Rant)

Sun Chaser wrote:
In article
,
SW4ever wrote:

Here we go again !! BBC copping out on a long history of SWservice.
Well I don't know about you, but I gave up on them the last time they
cut SW services. I don't, nor will I listen to any of their SW Web
Satelliete or otherwise broadcasts. If they cant provide SW service
to millions of their loyal fellow English-speaking people in North
America (and Carribean) then I'm no longer interested. They are being
arrogant and inconsiderate, full of stupid excuses and all round a
total mess.

I think you are being arrogant by expecting the taxpayers of the UK to
provide a free radio service for you to your specifications.