Old March 20th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Eric[_3_] Eric[_3_] is offline

Default Strange Antenna challenge Memorial Day - need suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions for the Strange Antenna Challenge this
Memorial Day week-end. One guy used a pair of back-to-back trucks to
make a dipole, and one guy loaded up a sports stadium. A group in
Atlanta used an Extension Ladder on 20M and that worked well, but that
seems a little less strange than I'd like. It almost looks like a
regular antenna when it's standing straight up.

I want something that doesn't look like an antenna (one guy suggested
hoisting a BBQ grill into the trees, but I'm sure that wouldn't work
well on 20M). I want something that can be adjusted to be somewhat
near resonance without a tuner.

Ideas?

Eric