Old March 21st 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
WB8YKH WB8YKH is offline

Default "V" Dipole Antenna

On Mar 21, 10:12*am, Christopher Cox
wrote:
The reason for the center being half as high as the ends is that I
have trees on both ends but nothing in the center for support other
than one old short dead tree. *Thank you for the insights and
encouragement. *I'll begin the attempt to install once the weather
cooperates here in Michigan. *WB8YKH

Just an idea, how about a end fed zep?

Gain should be the same without the mechanical problem of trying to feed
* the antenna in the center.

Chris

Your idea to use an end fed zep sounds interesting however I am
attempting to raise a double bazooka coaxial dipole I purchased at the
Dayton Hamvention two years ago. WB8YKH