Old March 23rd 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

wrote in message
On 22 Mrz., 17:12, "David Eduardo" wrote:

a VP position at a publicly traded company to run their broadcast
division.
Since I had gone to college because I was consulting and had lots of free
time, this was no loss as I didn't have need for a degree...

This is what lots of people say who failed to earn a college degree.

Lots of them say they were recruited to be VP's of ´publicly traded
companies?

what I wanted
was to give some structure to my knowledge of business and finance (radio
management) and the social sciences such as psychology, sociology,
cultural
anthropology (radio programming, in other words) and math and statistics
(research and ratings)... which I achieved.

Then you DO have a degree? In what? From where?

No., I was never even working towards one. I had a lot of free time while
consulting in the Southwest and decided to take courses that would be of
benefit to me personally, not necesarily towards a degree. I've never even
been asked about my educational background the few times I have changed
jobs... for each one I was recruited rather than having applied.

It also allowed me to learn
business terminology in English, which I had little familiarity with.

You learned "business terminology". Congratulations. My neighbor just
read the users manual for his new dishwasher. We're throwing him a
party next weekend.

All my business terminology and knowledge was in Spanish. Since I was in the
US, I thought it appropriate to learn the terms of the trade as well as the
differences in legal aspects of business. That was most useful, in fact.