Old March 23rd 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

wrote in message
I had algebra in 7th grade. I taught myself more advanced math in Ecuador
be able to design transmitters, diplexers and directional antennas. It
was
no big deal.

You didn't learn your lessons well. No one who understands mathematics
fails to appreciate its beauty and its power. They certainly won't
describe it as "no big deal".

Learning the material was no big deal. Not particularly time consuming or
difficult. The beauty of math is something, again, that a classroom is not
required for.

If you want to feel the beauty of math, build your first AM directional
system, go nearly 200 miles from the transmitter site, and find the signal
strength is within 0.5 mV/m of your calculations. That is beautiful.