Old March 23rd 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Who is doing what...The Stats!

In article cKlFj.120035$w57.119622@edtnps90, m II
wrote:

Burr wrote:

Well, I glad to know I started some of the truly great Treads I am also
glad
to know I didn't make any of the list for "over posting".

It's important to remember this group is for venting as well as talking
about SW radio. And if would stay just above getting personal so no one
gets
their feeling hurt it would be nice.

Mike, would you please port the hold URL for the site where you found these
Stats?

The statistics are 'home made'.

a) You need a working setup of the PERL scripting language. It works on
almost everything, being pretty much platform independent.
You will probably use the Win32 variety.

http://tinyurl.com/23sa4x
http://www.perl.com/download.csp

b) The following Perl files:
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Syste...AT-13618.shtml

Those will tell you what modules you need to install. The 'getnews'
module downloads every posting in the newsgroup. Then, the 'groupstat'
module gets the information. You can vary the number of days to search.
All the files are free to use.

It can be a pain, but once it's set up you feel pretty good about
things. The sun shines brighter, food tastes better, the neighbours love
you even more and dxAce becomes a human being.

It's all true, except for that last item. It's an impossible occurrence .

It's kind of funny but listening to short wave does that for me. You
should give it a try sometime.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California