Old March 23rd 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default 80m inductor kit or a pair of 80m traps?

"Barrett" wrote in message
k...
I have up a half size G5RV and want to add 80 metres it. I don't have the
space for a full size.

What is best to go for a 80m inductor kit or a pair of 80m traps?

Thanks

well, 'traps' are usually used to cut off an antenna that is too long for
the band in question, so that is probably not what you want. simple
inductors are used to make an antenna look longer so that is what you would
want... but expect it to affect tuning on all bands, not just add 80m
capability.