Old March 23rd 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] ltdoc@yahoo.com is offline

Default 80m inductor kit or a pair of 80m traps?

"Is it hard to make a pair of inductors and how would I go about
making a pair?"

It's a coil. So, make a couple of coils of wire, typically on a form
of some kind cuz just wire tends to unravel if not held together some
way. That form ought to be non-conductive, PVC pipe for instance.
'Fatter' coils tend to be shorter than 'skinny' coils, and more
efficient sort of (to some ridiculous point), take up less room. How
long/diameter? Beats me. Make them what you think is too big and
then try shorting out turns of each coil till you get to where you
wanna go. That'll work for one band, probably not too well for two
bands, ain't gonna work for all bands at one time unless you make
those coils adjustable (coil taps).
Expect compromises. Won't be the 'best' in the world, but it'll work.
- 'Doc