Old March 23rd 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default 80m inductor kit or a pair of 80m traps?

whatever you can wind with. solid copper will stay in place better by
itself being a bit springy, flexweave you would probably have to glue down
to the form to keep it from sliding around.

"Barrett" wrote in message
I will have a look for a antenna modelling program that I can get on with.
Also I'm using pvc covered flexweave wire for my G5RV. Is it all right to
make the inductors up from flexweave or should I get some enamelled copper
wire, or doesn't it really matters?

Thanks

"Dave" wrote in message
"making" them is easy, just wind some wire around some kind of form, like
a piece of pvc pipe. figuring out how much wire, how many turns, and the
diameter is the hard part. I would use one of the antenna modeling
programs to figure that out given your current design and picking a point
where you think you can insert them. from that you could get a value of
inductance needed, then pick a likely form size and use one of the
inductance calculators on line to figure out how many turns of wire it
would take.

"Barrett" wrote in message
Dave, I have just put a Cowebb for 20 through to 10m. Its just 80 and 40
I'm interested for the time being. Is it hard to make a pair of
inductors and how would I go about making a pair?

Thanks

"Dave" wrote in message

"Barrett" wrote in message
k...
I have up a half size G5RV and want to add 80 metres it. I don't have
the space for a full size.

What is best to go for a 80m inductor kit or a pair of 80m traps?

Thanks

well, 'traps' are usually used to cut off an antenna that is too long
for the band in question, so that is probably not what you want.
simple inductors are used to make an antenna look longer so that is
what you would want... but expect it to affect tuning on all bands, not
just add 80m capability.