Old March 23rd 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
user[_3_] user[_3_] is offline

Default Double dipole better than YAGI 5 elements??

That is what I experienced.

I've constructed this:

Double dipole, vertical polarisation.

| | }
| | }lenght=75 cm = 1/4 wavelength
____A____ --width 1,5 meter = 1/2 wavelength
---------
| |
| |

I have a 20Kw tx at 1800meter/2000yard. That gives me probs with
interference. The double dipole is better than the Yagi.

Also directivity is good (all be it I do not have Forward/backward ratio).

I have taken pictures of the 2-dipole and the yagi:
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/loop/yagivs2dipool/

And here how the wiring is done: red and green represent solid copper wires:
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/lo...ag0030edit.jpg

Would it be an idea to use copper tubes?? And would that make the reception
better?? 1/4 inch / 1 cm copper tubing or even smaller??

Thanks !

Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/ Updated every month or so ....