Old March 24th 08, 09:00 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open
RHF RHF is offline

Default Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

On Mar 23, 11:27*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 23, 3:34*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

..
.

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

When I was programming our talk station in LA, I would
periodically acquire these critters from the audience...
disgruntled listeners who disagreed with a host's opinions or
our use of the language or something even less fathomable. Some
would call the station manager, some would even call the
corporate offices or write to the newspapers. I really enjoyed
this, since the complaints to a supposed higher level generally
had enough data in them for one of our host to call the
complainer on the air and grill them, which made for really
entertaining radio and put the troll in its place.

Isn't that wonderful you used the bully power of your media
outlet to kill off dissenting opinion. You must be proud.

These trolls were not ordinary complainers... thery were nut cases
of the first water and there was considerable entertainment value
in their behaviour. In addtion to complaining, they were rude or
obscene or personally offensive to myself and my staff.

One was a character who thought himself the protector of the
Spanish language, and who objected to the use of the term "troca"
for "pickup truck" instead of the traditional "camioneta" which
nobody uses on the street. The guy would write 7 and 8 page letters
about language, failing to see that word usage is dynamic.

"Troca" ~ Spanglish -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanglish

Spanish & Chicano English
http://www.pbs.org/speak/education/c.../high/spanish/

We ambushed him by having two university professors who explained how
language changes.

- It made for informative radio, with the entertainment value
- of a nutcase who wanted to roll language usage back 100 years.

Sounds like L'Académie Française and their Annual Exorcism
of English Word Usage that creaps into theFrench Language

SNIP

-
- Now you are going to give Eduardo a Spanish lesson?
- Now that is funny.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California -

Teli - Spanglish is my 2undo Landwich. ) ~ RHF