Old March 24th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default 7360/6AR8 mixer configs

Tim Shoppa ) writes:

What year/month were the Sanders articles in QST? I have most of the
late 50's and 60's on my shelves but haven't had a good excuse to look
through them lately.

It's 1963 for the article(s), I seem to recall there was a second article
about the noiseblanker but I'm not sure. The QST review of the receiver
wsa in '64 or maybe '65.

I know the years because I never had QST from 1963 for some reason, though
I have '62 and '64, so I've never actually seen the Squires article.

I can pull a few books off the shelf from the prime hobby use of the 7360,
and when I get around to it, I'll see if there is much variation in the
use of the tube or not.

Of course, for a lot of the articles, there was a point of introduction
and the others followed. So if there is a definite trend in one method,
it might be just as simple as others using what was in the first article.

Michael VE2BVW