Old March 24th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default (OT) : Part # 1 - Trying to Cure Google Groups - The UsenetImprovement Project -is- So Much Wishful Thinking

RHF wrote:

* The "Groups" are a Web-Users "Place-To-Go" with
their Internet Appliance (PC)
+ + + This Number is Growing Daily -because- The
Groups are Heavily Promoted -because- The Groups
Make Money for their Corporations.

They make money by allowing uncontrolled Chinese spam. I think I'll
start blocking everything that comes from there. Google's corporate
motto used to be 'Do no Evil'. That ended with their entry into China.

* UseNet remains the Refuse of the Old-Time Internet
Users and Techies who View the Internet as a Technical
Challenge and Adventure.

The 'refuse'? That hurts. Now, if you had said 'refuge', I wouldn't have
been hurt.

mike