Old March 24th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Szalay John Szalay is offline

Default Scanners illegal in Kansas?

~db~® wrote in
The only prosecutions I have ever known of on the
state level have been when someone has used a
police scanner to interfere with an investigation
or with emergency personnel, such as the time some
idiot hereabouts would race EMS to accident
scenes. If anything, I think the story is one of
piling on, charging someone with every
conceiveable violation in an attempt to intimidate
a troublesome individual or to guarantee a
conviction on *something* in order to justify some
otherwise shaky police work.
~db~®

Sounds about right,
The only ones I know about personaly were those folks that
did exactly that, something stupid...
and all they got was, their scanner was confiscated.

You don't carry a scanner in an automobile with police
channels active.
You DON'T talk about what you hear.
and if don't run to the scene and get in the way...

use common sense, and you wouldn't be hassled..