Old March 25th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Al Al is offline

Default Really tiny soldering iron??

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:52:45 +0000, ferrymanr wrote:

I wonder if anyone knows of a really small soldering iron (half the
diameter of the Antex 12W iron). I have one I purchased in USA about 20
years ago and the element has now failed. As the manufacturers name has
worn off the handle I am at a loss as to where to get a replacement. A
search of the web has proved fruitless. It is the only iron I have had
that can fit between other components or in very confined spaces when
replacing SMD resistors etc.

Original iron:-
Overall length handle and bit 145mm (5 1/2") Handle diameter 9mm
Shaft (element) diameter 1.6mm
Bit maximum diameter 3mm
Bit tip approximately 0.5mm - may be less. Supply 12V

Dick G4BBH

Is it an ORYX micro-miniture low voltage soldering instrument, Model 6A
that you are looking for?

It's made by W. Greenwood Electronic Limited of Chesham, England.

And I don't think it exists anymore.

Al