Old March 25th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK[_3_] BDK[_3_] is offline

Default Passport rating for Kenwood R-5000

In article ,
says...
I've owned several and they are excellent SW receivers. Very sensitive and
selective. Very good value if you can pick one up around the $200 range.
They do have a tendency of developing CPU problems that get worse over time,
so make sure the radio works 100% before you buy.

"denny" wrote in message

Does anyone in the group have either a 1987 to 1997 copy of "Passport
to World band Radio",
or a copy of a Passport RDI white paper on the Kenwood R-5000? I am
curious of how they rated it and how many stars (out of 5 total) it
was given. Denny Dollahon.

$200?

I wish.

BDK