Old March 26th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
zerg90 zerg90 is offline

Default Scanners illegal in Kansas?

I Googled "Joe Howerd" & Kansas - this was the only hit - from 2004 -
a prison guard sent to a mental hospital -
http://www.slashlegal.com/showthread.php?t=49210

I think that the Wiretap Act has superceded the Comms Act of 1934. The
Wiretap Act seems to say that you cannot tell anyone what you have
seen on TV, unless you turned the TV on accidentaly. At best, I think
the Federal law is very murky. Does anyone really think that it is
legal to have a scanner, but it is illegal to tell anyone what you
hear? That is CREWL and unusual punishment :-)

There is a recent thread at radioreference.com about this. Peter Sz