Old March 26th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Hamstick dipole for 80m

JN wrote:
"Cecil Moore"
Experiment with it and see what
happens. You could just use wire for the
experimentation and hang it between two supports.

-----/////-----+-----FP-----+-----/////-----
hamstick wire wire hamstick

--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I have no hamsticks yet, but maybe I could use some simulation like this:
http://www.k7mem.150m.com/Electronic.../shortant.html

If you use a fiberglass rod for the coil form similar
to the hamstick fiberglass rod and wind the same number
of turns of the same size wire on it, it should work.
But if you are going to go to that trouble, you might
as well wind high-Q coils.

In fact, if you replace the 75m hamstick coils with
large-diameter high-Q coils, you can probably increase
your radiated power by 1000%, i.e. 10 dB :-).
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com