Old November 20th 04, 03:27 PM
Scott Townley

Not that I've used everything, but the FT-100 has an excellent noise
blanker.

On 20 Nov 2004 06:41:25 -0800, (gil) wrote:

I had a recent experience with impulse static in my area that became a
good test for a rig's noise blanker. Being a ham on a budget none of
my radios are worth over $400. and I found my Ten Tec's noise blanker
to be superior to my entry level Kenwood and Icoms.

The TT Triton 540 wiped out the noise without distorting the signals,
I found it amazing since all my other rigs would only wipe out some of
the noise while introducing distortion to the signal.

Would love to hear opinions on what rig you feel has the best noise
blanker out there.

Gil