Old March 27th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Hamstick dipole for 80m

On Mar 27, 7:54 am, Michael Coslo wrote:

How do you adjust the coil at that height? Of course I find that I
choose and spend most of my time on one band per mobile session, so
maybe it isn't a big problem.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Well, I only have a few taps on the coil, so I don't have to change
all that often. I might have three taps for 80m, a couple for 40m,
one each for the rest of the bands..
I'll tune the antenna in the normal 11 ft mode, using the usual
tap for the freq I'm using, and then I add the 3 ft mast.
I'll stay on the same coil tap, but shorten the stinger a couple
of inches or so.
I'm on 80 or 40 most all the time, so I don't have to change
but maybe twice a day.. 40 all day, and then I'll switch to
75 at night when it gets dark.