Old March 28th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Hamstick dipole for 80m

Michael Coslo wrote:
nm5k wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Hustler makes various extender sections. I have
2 foot and 5 foot sections from Hustler.

Most of my extender sections are from Henry, the
Texas Bugcatcher guy. They are the "BASE MAST"
sections available in lengths from 1/2 foot to
5 feet and special lengths can be ordered.

I have a hustler 3 footer I use all the time..
Really cranks the performance up when you are
parked and can use a taller whip.
My normal whip is 11 ft, exactly center loaded,
and the mast makes it 14, with the coil at 8 ft.
I wish I had a 5 foot version. Might have to get
one of those for industrial strength use. :/
Of course, if I had another 5 ft mast, I'd end up
coupling them together and having 8 ft.
There is no such thing as overkill with a
stationary mobile setup. lol
An 8 ft mast would give me a total height of
19 ft, and the coil would be at 13 ft.
That would brown the food on 75/40 m... :-

How do you adjust the coil at that height? Of course I find that I
choose and spend most of my time on one band per mobile session, so
maybe it isn't a big problem.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

The Hustler MO-1 and MO-2 masts have a hinge at 15" and 27" above the bottom
end: http://www.new-tronics.com/main/html/mobile__hf.html
They're 54" tall. The MO-3 is also 54" tall but doesn't have the hinge.
The MO-4 is 22" tall (no hinge).
73,
Bryan WA7PRC