Old March 28th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Barrett Barrett is offline

Default Homebrew traps

Not knowing where to get the right capacitors from and at a good price I am
thinking more on the lines of making some coaxial traps for the time being
and see how I get on. What put me off of the coaxial traps is the size. I
did just find this article on another type of trap.
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/9207035.pdf

It doesn't make it clear how you join the inner and outer coil together and
if they are wound in the same or opposite direction. What do you think is
the correct way to wind and join them are?

Is it possible to make all the traps on 40mm PVC pipe or do they have to be
a certain size diameter for each band?

Thanks

"JN" wrote in message
If what you are trying to do is a dipole type antenna for 40m and 80m,
you do not need any capasitors at all. You can use choke-coils as in this
design
but leave the 20m and 15m dipoles out.

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=13422

73 Jouko OH5RM