Old March 31st 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. Mc Laughlin J. Mc Laughlin is offline

Default BNC Crimp Tool and crimp-connector

Dear Owen: I am obliged for your suggestions and the RFShop reference.
Indeed, a set of dies for just the connectors of interest has some appeal,
and the HIT series has a good selection of dies. I have yet to locate where
the HIT series are available on this side of the Pacific, but I shall keep
looking.

I note again the comment made back in 2003 about the desirability of a hex
crimp. It turns out that Steren makes a single purpose tool (204-005) that
performs a hex crimp on BNCs and costs about the same as a HIT die. The
mating connector in quantity appears to be about half a dollar.

So many choices. Thank you again. 73, Mac N8TT
--
J. McLaughlin; Michigan, USA
Home:
"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in
:

Dear Jim: Oh my, are they expensive. For half the price, Steren

Mac, have a look at the dies and frame at:

http://rfshop.com.au/Products/Hardwa...oryID/261/Cate
gory2ID/776/Level/2/Default.aspx

These are out of Asia and the tools work quite well. As you will see,
there
are dies that include cavities for a range of cables and you may are
likely
to find a tool that will suit many small cables on BNC / UHF / SMA etc.

The tools come into Australia branded HIT, you may find them listed with
retailers over there.

BTW, RFSHOP are great to deal with, and if look around there site, you
will
see a range of inexpensive, but good quality connectors etc.

Owen