Old March 30th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
J&D Schnoor J&D Schnoor is offline

Default Panaxis ACC100 Part 15 FM Transmitter Frequency Selection and Minimum Separation

I have a Panaxis ACC100 low power transmitter that I want to use on my farm
to rebroadcast audio so that I can tune it on other FM radios in the house,
barn, garage, etc. I am wondering how much frequency separation I need if I
re-broadcast an FM station. For example, if I decided to re-broadcast a
station that I can only hear with my external antenna, is 200 kHz of
separation enough? For example, say I wanted to receive 88.1 mHz on a
receiver with an external antenna and re-broadcast it on the Panaxis on 87.9
mHz, is that enough separation? The reason I am thinking of transmitting on
87.9 mHz is becasue most of my radio around the house will tune down that
low, but most won't tune much further down than that.