Old March 31st 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
friendlyneighborhooddisease friendlyneighborhooddisease is offline

Default Panaxis ACC100 Part 15 FM Transmitter Frequency Selection andMinimum Separation

J&D Schnoor wrote:
I have a Panaxis ACC100 low power transmitter that I want to use on my farm
to rebroadcast audio so that I can tune it on other FM radios in the house,
barn, garage, etc. I am wondering how much frequency separation I need if I
re-broadcast an FM station. For example, if I decided to re-broadcast a
station that I can only hear with my external antenna, is 200 kHz of
separation enough? For example, say I wanted to receive 88.1 mHz on a
receiver with an external antenna and re-broadcast it on the Panaxis on 87.9
mHz, is that enough separation? The reason I am thinking of transmitting on
87.9 mHz is becasue most of my radio around the house will tune down that
low, but most won't tune much further down than that.

It won't work. You need at least 4 or 5 channels of separation.