Old March 31st 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radioguy Radioguy is offline

Default Degen 1103

On Mar 29, 1:23*am, garthpdm wrote:
Hi,
I bought a Degen 1103 on ebay and it came in the mail yesterday. *I
was amazed at the difference in performance between it and my Redsun
RP 2100. *I can hear so much more on the Degen. *I realize neither one
is amoung the elite of shortwave radios but wow, what a difference.
Between 20000 - 29999 I can hear lots of different stations and that
is just with the whip. *Neither the whip nor the longwire can hear the
same stations or very much else on the Redsun. *Why is that? *From the
reviews I have read I thought the RP 2100 was relatively sensitive.
Anyone have a similar experience?

Garth

I agree that the DE1103 is quite a receiver for the money. I haven't
used the 2100, but I understand it performs very well on MW and
broadcast shortwave.

It could be that you got a dud 2100.