Old April 1st 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_12_] Bob[_12_] is offline

Default Homebrew traps

http://cgi.ebay.com/68pF-6kV-Doorkno...QQcmdZViewItem

Good one., from eastern front....

Best regards. Bob

"Barrett" wrote in message
.uk...
Thanks all for your time and help. Now I have enough information about the
traps I can now look and read up and give it ago.

73 to all

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
"Barrett" wrote in
. uk:

One last question. Is the diameter of the traps at different
frequencies that important and why?

They tend to be larger towards top band.

You really need to read a text that systematically develops an
understanding of the operation of a trapped antenna. It helps to
understand
the operation of an untrapped antenna.

Unfortunately, lots of articles in ham mags aren't very reliable, so you
will need to read many articles and try to understand the underlying
principles to filter out the misconceptions that find their way to
publication.

By all means, ask questions about things you don't understand... but your
questions seem more like guessing your way to a solution and plugging the
gaps as they become apparent to you.

Owen