Old April 2nd 08, 08:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Barrett Barrett is offline

Default MFJ-259Z

The 2600 NiMH rechargeable batteries that came with MFJ-259Z are all reading
0 Volts and will not charge in the MFJ-259Z or in my smart charger. I
thought that these types of batteries are not effected by discharge memory
and yet these seem to be effected by it.

Is there anything I can do to get them working again?

The unit only arrived yesterday from W&S. Its taken long enough for it to
arrive with out having to send it back and wait for a replacement from them.
It also showed a nice silver shinny coupling antenna attachment in the
picture and it came with what looks like an old bent piece of enamelled
copper wire bent into a loop that is soldered to a PL259. A bit
disappointing really for the money.

"Barrett" wrote in message
I don't think that my MFJ-259Z is charging properly. Its new and it has
been
on charge for over 6 hours and all the batteries are still reading 0
Volts.
I'm using the PSU that came with it. It works fine from the PSU but
doesn't
seem to be charging. The switch inside for charging is turned on.. Can
some
one please advise me how to check it?

Thanks