Old April 2nd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Haines Brown Haines Brown is offline

Default through glass coax coupling

I'm sure a FAQ, but a search on line did not resolve my question.

I need to feed my coax (QRP, 10 meters) out through a pane of glass, and
for that I need a through-glass coax coupler (this is not an automotive,
but a home window situation).

Most couplers are apparently capacitative. At 10 meters, for example,
would I gain much by going to a microstrip coupler instead (whatever
that is)?

How good a coupling can I expect with a through-glass coupler? It sounds
very lossy, but perhaps not.

What brands of couplers would you recommend, or what is a good source
for such couplers?

--

Haines Brown, KB1GRM