Old April 2nd 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Cato Cato is offline

Default Kaito KA33 Active Antenna - Any Feedback?

I have absolutely no problem with the tuning wheel on my TG34,
(DE31MS) active loop. Heard that some people find it to sensitve and
touchy.,... I dont find it to be too touchy at all.

Each to their own I suppose.

The Sony is of course more sensitive,... also at least
three times more pricey, and not as compact for backpacking. The
DE31MS/ TG34 folds up into a much smaller package. A friend of mine
has the Sony antenna. It's not as compact. And he paid a hell of a lot
more money then I did.

I would prefer the Sony at home. And if I want to pay
$100.00 or more for it... I might get it.

But for the price, and level of performance for the TG34,
DE31MS... it's a bargain. I've been listening to shortwave sincde I
was about ten years old. Fifty six now..... I've used lots of
different antenna setups for various situations.

Happen to like the TG34/DE31MS..... I bought a second one after
purchasing my first one and trying it out.. And still spent a lot less
then I would for one Sony antenna.