Old April 3rd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wimpie[_2_] Wimpie[_2_] is offline

Default through glass coax coupling

On 2 abr, 18:46, Haines Brown wrote:
I'm sure a FAQ, but a search on line did not resolve my question.

I need to feed my coax (QRP, 10 meters) out through a pane of glass, and
for that I need a through-glass coax coupler (this is not an automotive,
but a home window situation).

Most couplers are apparently capacitative. At 10 meters, for example,
would I gain much by going to a microstrip coupler instead (whatever
that is)?

How good a coupling can I expect with a through-glass coupler? It sounds
very lossy, but perhaps not.

What brands of couplers would you recommend, or what is a good source
for such couplers?

--

Haines Brown, KB1GRM

Hello,

Why not using inductive coupling? You can get reasonable coupling as
wires are just mm away from eachother, so you don't need high Q factor
circuit.
Matching indoor only is possible (so you don't need matching outside
to interface to 50 Ohm coaxial cable).

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
please remove abc from the mail address.